Reflections on 2014 - from the principal cornet's seat
posted by Kirsty Miller
- 31 Dec 2014, 3:37 p.m.
To all members of Highland Brass (past, present and future) and to all dear friends of the band:
2014 brought a real range of emotions and experiences -
- Sheer terror (before the Scottish)
- Relief (after the Scottish)
- Bewilderment (how Neil gets away with the things he says)
- Amusement (impromptu tam tam solo at the Northern counties)
- Frustration (Pat's every changing interpretation of 'uniform')
- Hard Work & Determination
- Awe (the outstanding and lovely EYBB)
- Ambition and Sheer Grit (getting through no 74 in the green book again after almost 3 hours of carols)
...... to name but a few.
(I couldn't quite put my finger on the emotion for 'when Dave takes it up the octave again' or 'when Peter leaves his music in his carrier bag at the side of the road'!)
Most of all I'm grateful.
With a bit of luck, 2015 will bring more of each of these and many more.
Thank you for 2014 and I wish each and every one of you a Merry Christmas and all the best for a happy and healthy 2015.